October 12, 2019 The City of Pembroke Pines showed up the car loads to take advantage of the FREE shredding event provide by Pembroke Pines Police Department. What a successful event two truckloads full for a total of 22,000 pounds of confidential do…Read More
Shredding Services & The Environment
“Climbing to Greener Horizons”
Using Shred Monkeys document shredding services can help your business achieve and maintain sustainability initiatives, enhance green building ratings, and meet requirements by local, state and federal agencies. Additionally, we help our clients with systems, processes, and reports that make it easy to comply with standards set by Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and others organizations.
Did you know?
- 1 ton of uncoated virgin (non-recycled) printing and office paper uses 24 trees
- 1 ton of 100% virgin (non-recycled) newsprint uses 12 trees
- 1 carton (10 reams) of 100% virgin copier paper uses .6 trees
- 1 tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333.3 sheets
- 1 ream (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree (and those add up quickly!)
- 1 ton of coated, higher-end virgin magazine paper (used for magazines like National Geographic and many others) uses a little more than 15 trees (15.36)
- 1 ton of coated, lower-end virgin magazine paper (used for news magazines and most catalogs) uses nearly 8 trees (7.68)
Statistics provided by Conservatree.org.
Did you know?
Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save:
- 17 trees
- 380 gallons of oil
- 3 cubic yards of landfill space
- 4000 Kilowatts of energy
- 7000 gallons of water