Thank you for joining us at Blood, Shred & Beers! We are excited to share that we shredded over 6,000lbs of paper and 51 potential lives were saved with blood donations! A huge thank you to SHRED MONKEYS, American Red Cross of South Carolina…Read More
Shredding Services & The Environment
“Climbing to Greener Horizons”
Using Shred Monkeys document shredding services can help your business achieve and maintain sustainability initiatives, enhance green building ratings, and meet requirements by local, state and federal agencies. Additionally, we help our clients with systems, processes, and reports that make it easy to comply with standards set by Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and others organizations.
Did you know?
- 1 ton of uncoated virgin (non-recycled) printing and office paper uses 24 trees
- 1 ton of 100% virgin (non-recycled) newsprint uses 12 trees
- 1 carton (10 reams) of 100% virgin copier paper uses .6 trees
- 1 tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333.3 sheets
- 1 ream (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree (and those add up quickly!)
- 1 ton of coated, higher-end virgin magazine paper (used for magazines like National Geographic and many others) uses a little more than 15 trees (15.36)
- 1 ton of coated, lower-end virgin magazine paper (used for news magazines and most catalogs) uses nearly 8 trees (7.68)
Statistics provided by Conservatree.org.
Did you know?
Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save:
- 17 trees
- 380 gallons of oil
- 3 cubic yards of landfill space
- 4000 Kilowatts of energy
- 7000 gallons of water